Everyone wants to know “what are the most popular numbers in roulette?”.
Roulette is a game of chance, so there are no luckier numbers, it is purely based on a random result.
Many people will play their ‘lucky’ numbers or argue that there are best numbers to play on roulette (numbers which are luckier than others) – but there is no scientific data to back these theories.
The slots of the Roulette wheel are all the same length, width and depth – and the table is balanced as not to give an advantage to or attract any particular number.
Best Numbers In Roulette
When we say “best numbers on roulette”, we actually mean the most popular numbers. Which when played, are known as a ‘straight up’ bet that are played regularly for varying reasons:
- Number 17 is bet frequently due to its position on the table – placed in the centre, it is a focal point for bets
- Number 7 is another frequently bet number due to the positive superstitions connected to “lucky number 7”. That is why some people say this is the best number in roulette.
- Numbers 23/24 – there is no understanding around why these numbers are frequently bet, other than from a psychological perspective, the eyes seem to be unexplainably drawn to these numbers involuntarily.
Unlucky Roulette Numbers
On the flip side of the chip, there are several numbers which are unpopular amongst gamblers:
- Number 34 is regarded as a jinxed number by professional players, so they avoid it at all costs. However, that’s not to say it won’t be the next number to come up!
- Number 13 is also avoided due to the superstition of “unlucky for some”.
- Number 6 is another superstitious number, which is thought to derive from the number of the devil…..666.
- Numbers 0 and 00 (if you’re playing American Roulette) are also avoided due to their position at the very top of the table – they are slightly detached from the rest of the numbers and tend to be forgotten about. They are also neutral in colour – not highlighted in red or black – so are inclined to blend in to the background colour of the table.
Straight Up Bets
Other players like to hedge their bets by playing different styles to the ‘straight up’ bet.
Split, Rows, Corners and Columns are a few of these, but the most popular are are colours – red/black or grouped numbers – odd/even.
These players keep an eye on the tote board, looking for “hot” patterns and bet against them after an unchanged run. For example; if the wheel has returned red numbers for the last 5 spins, the player will play ‘black’ to break the run.
Likewise, if there has been a run of even numbers, the player will play ‘odd’ to break the run.
However, since you are broadening your chances of winning by betting on these options – as you are covering either all red/black numbers or all odd/even numbers – the betting odds are reduced and the betting stake is higher than selecting a ‘straight up’ bet.
Best Numbers For Roulette Machine
Sorry to say this, but there are no “definite guarantees” with roulette – after all, it is a game of chance.
However, some statisticians and more experienced roulette machine players have been known to use some of the following roulette strategies:
- Tiers du Cylindre bet – this covers a third of the roulette wheel by covering 12 numbers (5, 8, 10, 11, 13, 16, 23, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36)
- Voisin de Zero bet – by placing chips on the 17 numbers which are adjacent on the wheel (0, 2, 3, 4, 7, 12, 15, 18, 19, 21, 22, 25, 26, 28, 29, 32, 35)
Sometime the best way is to watch the spin of the wheel looking for “hot numbers” and “cold numbers”, noting which are the hot numbers, then starting to cover these with chips.
That being said, an electronic roulette machine or online roulette machine strictly should have a random number generator (RNG) built in, so the roulette numbers should be “random”.
Whatever roulette numbers you deem are lucky for you, or are the best, please gamble responsibly and have fun.