William Hill Review
Use promo code H30 and place a bet of £10 or more to get 2x£15 free bets
T&'Cs ApplyNew customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply.
Read Punters Review
William Hill Bookmaker UK
Anyone who is anyone will have heard of William Hill boomakers. This stalwart of the betting world has been reviewed highly by the Betting Punter team. So much so, it is one of our “best choice” bookmakers.
For most football fans or a horse racing punters, you will surely have placed a bet in one of their bookie shops at one time or another. But it’s the online betting world offered by William Hill that we are most interested in.
Our review of their website and William Hill app should give you a good idea of what you can expect if you place sporting bet or play an online casino game. We share both the good and not-so-good.
William Hill Overview
William Hill dates back to 1934 and this makes it one of the oldest bookmakers still going. Since the company’s founding, it has changed hands on multiple occasions.
Currently, the global online gambling company is owned by American hotel and casino entertainment company Caesars Entertainment.
William Hill’s operations aren’t only restricted to its online sportsbook – it also offers online bingo, poker, skill games and casino games.
The company’s website may appear a bit confusing to users at first due to the amount of information in it. However, once you get the hang of it, you can easily select a sport and see the types of lines and bets being offered at the time.
The William Hill website is well-organized, which makes it easy for users to navigate to find what they’re looking for.
One of the highlights of the William Hill website is the In-Play betting, which allows users to participate in ongoing events.
If you’re someone who wants to wager right away after visiting the website, this feature is sure to come in handy. Of course, you can also choose to wait for future events.
William Hill Games
William Hill offers a variety of casino games, and what sets it apart is the graphics.
While many online sportsbooks have been criticized for cutting corners with lacklustre graphics in their games, William Hill’s casino leaves no stone unturned to make the casino experience feel authentic.
In terms of casino games, the company offers the following:
- 4 live dealer games
- 37 table games
- 37 card games
- 59 bingo games and scratch cards
- 70 jackpots
- 210 slots
With so many options to pick from, it would be hard for you to not find something you like on the William Hill website.
Additionally, William Hill steers clear of cheap knock offs and offers branded games. For instance, you can find the slots of Batman, Green Lantern, and Superman.
This is in stark contrast to many other similar websites, which make do with imitation names such as BayBoy, Green Light, and Superdude.
The William Hill online casino also offers massive jackpots.
For instance, there was a jackpot worth more than $1.68 million that we came across when we were writing this review. Typically, online casinos don’t offer such large jackpots.
The live dealer games such as Baccarat, Blackjack, Poker and Roulette are worthy of a mention. These games are trending in the casino community – with online casinos that don’t offer these games losing a lot of business.
All in all, William Hill is a great online casino platform that delivers big in terms of its selection of games, live dealer options and stellar graphics.
It’s hard for the Betting Punter team to find any flaw in its current online casino.
When it comes to William Hill sports betting, you will be spoilt for choice – of course, it depends on the season.
For instance, you can bet on Premier League (English football) matches between August – May. However, during the off-season, it won’t be available on the website.
But whilst UK football might not be available then, there are plenty of other leagues and sports events to bet on:
William Hill Pros & Cons
While the William Hill website and app offer a great user experience, there’s still a thing or two that it can improve upon.
But first, let’s take a look at all the positive things that the William Hill platform has to offer:
- Customer Support: William Hill is recognised as a large betting company, and generally, the biggest companies fail to provide adequate customer support. However, the same can’t be said for William Hill. The company offers round-the-clock multi-language customer support.
- Fast Payments: In terms of payments, William Hill is one of the best platforms out there, with fast withdrawals, a 1x turnover requirement and a soft verification process. Fully verified accounts can enjoy fast payments (within a day) through various payment methods such as PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill. Payments via debit/credit cards and bank transfers may take longer. William Hill doesn’t charge additional fees on withdrawals or deposits, which is yet another bonus.
- Bonuses: Registered players can earn a variety of bonuses with William Hill, such as regular promotions, free bets, reload bonuses and welcome bonuses.
- Platform Usability: The current William Hill layout features numerous improvements over the previous layout. User experience is faster, and usability is much improved. The website allows live betting through the in-play section, and its mobile version is responsive and fast as well. The website also has a ‘search bets’ function, which allows users to place their bets quickly and easily. The cash-in feature helps to minimize losses or secure better profits on bets. The overall user experience is enhanced through features such as radio, live streaming, and podcasts.
- Quality of Markets: The betting limits are decent for major leagues and sports. The best thing about William Hill’s betting limits is that there aren’t significant differences in the starting betting limits based on jurisdiction. For instance, starting betting limits for eastern Europeans are similar to what they are for British nationals. This isn’t something that many other betting operators offer.
- Scope of Odds: The largest betting sports are priorities for William Hill in the UK. However, the fact that the company views the Italian and Spanish markets as core markets means that its products are friendly towards Europeans as well. The platform’s selection of niche sports is also quite impressive. However, its live betting product is still considered inferior to other leaders in the betting world.
- Security of Funds: William Hill is a UK Gambling Commission-licensed company. For clients outside the UK, the safety of funds is assured by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner’s license. All in all, it’s one of the safest betting platforms for punters, and you can count on the company to keep your money safe and secure.
There’s one major con that the William Hill platform has, which is:
- Limits on winning customers: The treatment of winning customers isn’t even on William Hill. Arbers, i.e. those who place arbitrage bets, aren’t encouraged on the platform at all. If you place arbitrage bets, your account is likely to be terminated. However, customers who steer clear of arbitrage bets have nothing to worry about. Also, William Hill isn’t very fond of customers who bet on sports that are risky for the platform.
Betting Punter Ratings For William Hill Bookmaker
The team at Betting Punter have scored out of 5 each of the experiences for this William Hill review as follows:
William Hill Video Review
Watch this real life 3 minute video review of William Hill’s website.
William Hill Mobile App
Apart from their website, William Hill also has a mobile app for Android (operating systems 5.0 and above) and iOS (operating systems 9.0 and above) devices.
Downloading the app is a piece of cake on both Android and iOS platforms, as it is available on both Google Play Store (for Android) and App Store (for iOS).
The app is feature-packed, comprehensive and quick.
Players have commented on how consistent the app is across both Android and iOS platforms. If you are used to playing casino games or placing bets on the William Hill website, it won’t take you much time to adapt to the app.
It’s easy to access the most popular pages on the app, such as football, horse racing and casino games, as there are quick links to each section on the mobile app homepage.
There is also the official William Hill radio, which you can tune into for getting expert analysis and insights into the day’s action.
Users can also use the Partial Cash Out and Cash Out features on the app, which allows users to accept early payout offers.
William Hill App Features
Some of the key features of the William Hill app include:
- Bet Boost: This feature enhances the odds of selections on pre-match markets
- Regular promotions: This feature is inclusive of cashback offers and exclusive bonuses
- Customer service: Users can reach out to William Hill if they have queries through the app itself
- Acca Five Insurance: This provides money back on five selections or more (accumulators) and comes in handy if a leg turns out to be a letdown
- #YourOdds: You can request and create your unique bets within the app through this feature
- 4 Means More: 25% bonus on Both Teams To Score bets if a game sees four or more goals
- Full Account Management: This feature allows users to access their account details and make deposits and withdrawals as well
- Super Sub: Allows bets to run on to replacements of your goalscorers
- Live Scores: Users can see the latest results and real-time scores across all sports
- High 5: If your horse finishes second, losing by five lengths or more, and you receive your stake back, you can use this feature to earn a 25% bonus. You can also earn the bonus if your horse wins by five lengths or more.
- Top Bets: This feature gives users the opportunity to see the most trending markets that are being backed by everyone else
- In-Play Betting: You can bet on in-play markets and access in-depth scoreboards through this feature
On the William Hill app, users can choose from the following payment deposit methods:
William Hill Deposits
Depositing funds in your William Hill account is a piece of cake, thanks to the wide range of deposit options for customers.
If you are using debit and credit cards to deposit into your account, William Hill accepts MasterCard, Visa or Maestro cards. The minimum deposit is £5 and the maximum deposit limit is £99,000. You can also deposit funds using Entropay (Min £5 – Max £99,000).
You can also deposit money using a variety of e-wallets such as Skrill, PingIt, Neteller, PingIt, Eco, Moneta Ru, Qiwi Wallet, Yandex Money, and WebMoney. However, their minimum and maximum deposit limits vary depending on the e-wallet used.
Here are the deposit limits for all the e-wallets supported by William Hill:
William Hill Withdrawal Limits
Now that you know about all the deposit options, let’s look at the various withdrawal options.
For Maestro, MasterCard, Entropay and Visa debit and credit cards, the withdrawal timescales are 3 – 5 working days.
The following withdrawal timescales apply to supported e-wallets, online banking options or pre-paid cards:
William Hill Customer Support
We’ve already touched on William Hill’s excellent customer support services in the ‘Pros and Cons’ section, and we’ll go into greater detail about them here.
William Hill’s players can get in touch with the customer support team via phone, email, Twitter or live chat (details below).
The customer support team remains operational around-the-clock.
If you want quick assistance from the team, we recommend opting for the live chat feature that’s available on the William Hill website. The live chat feature is user-friendly, and the support team takes next to no time to respond to customers.
The Willian Hill support team are helpful when contacting them by telephone – especially in Europe where residents of various countries can call on the company’s international toll-free numbers. These numbers are offered for Asian countries like South Korea and Japan as well.
Twitter tweets are gaining in popularity as a means of conversing with William Hill, and the customer support team keeps an eye out on Twitter 24/7.
William Hill Contacts
If you want to get in touch with William Hill there are numerous options to contact them.
There is a contact form and useful information section on their website, alternatively you can email William Hill using the email addresses below.
If you would like to speak with someone at William Hill in person, there are freephone numbers as well.
William Hill Online
6/1 Waterport Place
Live Chat: William Hill live chat
William Hill Bookmaker FAQs
How can I open a William Hill account?
If you want to open an account on Wm Hill online, you have to fill up all required information on the account registration form.
Details you’ll need to provide include:
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Valid email address
- Current residential address
- Unique username
- Security question and answer
- Deposit limit (daily, weekly, or monthly)
Click ‘Agree and Join’ after you’ve entered all the information.
How can I get my account verified?
Opening a William Hill account isn’t enough to get you up and running. After your account has been successfully opened on the platform, you need to get it verified (as we’ve mentioned in this William Hill reviews).
For successful account verification, you should take the following steps:
- Submit Proof of Identification (National ID, Passport, Driver’s License, Age Card, Electoral ID or Residence Permit)
- Submit Proof of Address/Finances (Utility Bill, Bank/Credit Statement, Signed Credit Agreement, Insurance Policy, Tenancy Agreement, or Council Tax Bill)
You can use the Direct Secure Upload feature or email to send the documents to William Hill for verification.
William Hill will notify you regarding the verification status of your account within 24 hours after receiving your documents.
What do I do if I forget my login credentials?
If you forget your login credentials, you can go to the website or app login page and click on the ‘Forgot your login details?’ option.
This will take you to a page that asks you for your email ID, i.e. the one you’ve registered on the platform.
William Hill will send you an email containing a link to reset your password.
Click on the link to reset your password.
If the email ID registered with William Hill is not valid, you can contact the customer support team for assistance in resetting the password.
William Hill Review – Overall Rating
So, it’s time for the overall rating.
The Betting Punters have reviewed William Hill and scored them 4 / 5 stars.
William Hill is one of the oldest and best betting and online casino platforms there is (other William Hill casino reviews will confirm this) . It provides financial security, payment flexibility, rewards and offers plenty of incentives to players to keep going.
For us, William Hill bookmakers is close to perfect but just one or two things let them down – otherwise they would be 5 out of 5.
William Hill Offers
Click images or links to claim bonus
About The Author
Betting Punters Top 3 Picks
If you are looking for recommendations, here are our top 3 sites this month:
Place a deposit of £10 to release £50 of free bets
T&'Cs ApplyMin deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Sign up with this offer today, place a £5 bet to get £30 in bonuses
T&'Cs Apply18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply
Register with promo code BETFRED60, place a £10 bet to get £60 in bonuses
T&'Cs ApplyNew UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto and 50 Free Spins credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry.
All images containing William Hill logos are credited to and copyright of William Hill