William Hill Review
Use promo code R30 and place a bet of £10 or more to get 3x£10 free bets
T&'Cs Apply18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 17.10.2022. 3x £10 free bets. Free bets expire after 30 days. New customers signing up through mobile or tablet device only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply. #ad.
Read Punters Review
William Hill Bookmaker UK
Anyone who is anyone will have heard of William Hill bookmakers. This stalwart of the betting world has been reviewed highly by the Betting Punter team. So much so it is one of our “best choice” bookmakers.
For most football fans or horse racing punters, you may have placed a bet in one of their bookie shops at one time or another. But we are most interested in the online betting world offered by William Hill.
Our review of their website and William Hill app should give you a good idea of what to expect if you place a sporting bet or play an online casino game. We share both the good and not-so-good.
William Hill Overview
William Hill bookmakers date back to 1934 – making them one of the oldest bookies.
William Hill’s operations aren’t only restricted to its online sportsbook – it also offers online bingo, poker, skill games and casino games.
Since the company’s founding, it has changed hands on multiple occasions. The global online gambling company is currently owned by the American hotel and casino entertainment company “Caesars Entertainment”.
The company’s website may appear confusing to users at first due to the amount of information on it. However, once you get the hang of it, you can easily select a sport and see the types of bets offered.
The William Hill website is well-organised, making it easy for users to find what they’re looking for.
One of the highlights of the William Hill website is the In-Play betting, which allows users to participate in live events.
This feature comes in handy if you want to wager immediately after visiting the website.
William Hill Games
William Hill offers a variety of casino games, and what sets it apart is the graphics.
While many online sportsbooks have been criticised for cutting corners with lacklustre graphics in their games, William Hill’s casino leaves no stone unturned to make the casino experience feel authentic.
In terms of casino games, the company offers the following:
- 4 live dealer games
- 37 table games
- 37 card games
- 59 bingo games and scratch cards
- 70 jackpots
- 210 slots
With so many options to pick from, it would be easy to find something you like on the William Hill website.
Additionally, William Hill steers clear of cheap knock-offs and offers branded games. For instance, you can find the slots of Batman, Green Lantern, and Superman.
This is in stark contrast to many other similar websites, which make do with imitation names such as BayBoy, Green Light, and Superdude.
The William Hill online casino also offers massive jackpots.
For instance, there was a jackpot worth more than $1.68 million that we came across when we were writing this review. Typically, online casinos don’t offer such large jackpots.
The live dealer games such as Baccarat, Blackjack, Poker and Roulette are worthy of a mention. These games are trending in the casino community – with online casinos that don’t offer these games losing a lot of business.
All in all, William Hill is a great online casino platform that delivers big in terms of its selection of games, live dealer options and stellar graphics.
It’s hard for the Betting Punter team to find any flaw in its current online casino.
When it comes to William Hill sports betting, you will be spoilt for choice – of course, it depends on the season.
For instance, you can bet on Premier League (English football) matches from August to May. However, it won’t be available on the website during the off-season.
But whilst UK football might not be available then, there are plenty of other leagues and sports events to bet on:
William Hill Pros & Cons
While the William Hill website and app offer a great user experience, there’s still a thing or two that it can improve upon.
But first, let’s take a look at all the positive things that the William Hill platform has to offer:
- Customer Support: William Hill is recognised as a large betting company, and generally, the biggest companies fail to provide adequate customer support. However, the same can’t be said for William Hill. The company offers round-the-clock multi-language customer support.
- Fast Payments: In terms of payments, William Hill is one of the best platforms out there, with fast withdrawals, a 1x turnover requirement and a soft verification process. Fully verified accounts can enjoy quick payments (within a day) through various payment methods such as PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill. Payments via debit/credit cards and bank transfers may take longer. William Hill doesn’t charge additional fees on withdrawals or deposits, which is yet another bonus.
- Bonuses: Registered players can earn various rewards with William Hill, such as regular promotions, free bets, reload bonuses and welcome bonuses.
- Platform Usability: The current William Hill layout features numerous improvements over the previous design. User experience is faster, and usability is much improved. The website allows live betting through the in-play section, and its mobile version is also responsive and fast. The website also has a ‘search bets’ function, which allows users to place their bets quickly and easily. The cash-in feature helps to minimise losses or secure better profits on bets. The overall user experience is enhanced through features such as radio, live streaming, and podcasts.
- Quality of Markets: The betting limits are decent for major leagues and sports. The best thing about William Hill’s betting limits is that there aren’t significant differences in the starting betting limits based on jurisdiction. For instance, starting betting limits for eastern Europeans are similar to what they are for British nationals. This isn’t something that many other betting operators offer.
- Scope of Odds: The largest betting sports are priorities for William Hill in the UK. However, the fact that the company views the Italian and Spanish markets as core markets means that its products are friendly towards Europeans as well. The platform’s selection of niche sports is also quite impressive. However, its live betting product is still considered inferior to other leaders in the betting world.
- Security of Funds: William Hill is a UK Gambling Commission-licensed company. For clients outside the UK, the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner’s license ensures the safety of funds. All in all, it’s one of the safest betting platforms for punters, and you can count on the company to keep your money safe and secure.
There’s one major con that the William Hill platform has, which is:
- Limits on winning customers: The treatment of winning customers isn’t even on William Hill. Arbers, i.e. those who place arbitrage bets, aren’t encouraged on the platform. If you place arbitrage bets, your account is likely to be terminated. However, customers who steer clear of arbitrage bets have nothing to worry about. Also, William Hill isn’t very fond of customers who bet on risky sports for the platform.
Betting Punter Ratings For William Hill Bookmaker
The Betting Punter team has scored out of 5 for each of the experiences for this William Hill review as follows:
William Hill Video Review
Watch this real-life 3-minute video review of William Hill’s website.
William Hill Mobile App
Besides its website, William Hill has a mobile app for Android (operating systems 5.0 and above) and iOS (operating systems 9.0 and above) devices.
Downloading the app is a piece of cake on Android and iOS platforms, as it is available on both Google Play Store (for Android) and App Store (for iOS).
The app is feature-packed, comprehensive and quick.
Players have commented on the app’s consistency across Android and iOS platforms. If you are used to playing casino games or placing bets on the William Hill website, it won’t take much time to adapt to the app.
It’s easy to access the most popular pages on the app, such as football, horse racing and casino games, as there are quick links to each section on the mobile app homepage.
There is also the official William Hill radio, which you can tune into to get expert analysis and insights into the day’s action.
Users can also use the app’s Partial Cash Out and Cash Out features, allowing users to accept early payout offers.
William Hill App Features
Some of the key features of the William Hill app include the following:
- Bet Boost: This feature enhances the odds of selections on pre-match markets
- Regular promotions: This feature is inclusive of cashback offers and exclusive bonuses
- Customer service: Users can reach out to William Hill if they have queries through the app itself
- Acca Five Insurance: This provides money back on five selections or more (accumulators) and comes in handy if a leg turns out to be a letdown
- #YourOdds: You can request and create your unique bets within the app through this feature
- 4 Means More: 25% bonus on Both Teams To Score bets if a game sees four or more goals
- Full Account Management: This feature allows users to access their account details and make deposits and withdrawals as well
- Super Sub: Allows bets to run on to replacements of your goalscorers
- Live Scores: Users can see the latest results and real-time scores across all sports
- High 5: If your horse finishes second, losing by five lengths or more, and you receive your stake back, you can use this feature to earn a 25% bonus. You can also earn the bonus if your horse wins by five lengths or more.
- Top Bets: This feature gives users the opportunity to see the most trending markets that are being backed by everyone else
- In-Play Betting: You can bet on in-play markets and access in-depth scoreboards through this feature
On the William Hill app, users can choose from the following payment deposit methods:
William Hill Deposits
Depositing funds in your William Hill account is a piece of cake, thanks to the wide range of deposit options for customers.
If you use debit and credit cards to deposit into your account, William Hill accepts MasterCard, Visa or Maestro cards. The minimum deposit is £5, and the maximum deposit limit is £99,000. You can also deposit funds using Entropay (Min £5 – Max £99,000).
You can also deposit money using a variety of e-wallets such as Skrill, PingIt, Neteller, PingIt, Eco, Moneta Ru, Qiwi Wallet, Yandex Money, and WebMoney. However, their minimum and maximum deposit limits vary depending on the e-wallet used.
Here are the deposit limits for all the e-wallets supported by William Hill:
William Hill Withdrawal Limits
Now that you know about all the deposit options, let’s look at the various withdrawal options.
For Maestro, MasterCard, Entropay and Visa debit and credit cards, the withdrawal timescales are 3 – 5 working days.
The following withdrawal timescales apply to supported e-wallets, online banking options or pre-paid cards:
William Hill Customer Support
We’ve already touched on William Hill’s excellent customer support services in the ‘Pros and Cons’ section, and we’ll discuss them here.
William Hill’s players can contact the customer support team via phone, Email, Twitter or live chat (details below).
The customer support team remains operational around the clock.
If you want quick assistance from the team, opt for the live chat feature available on the William Hill website. The live chat feature is user-friendly, and the support team takes next to no time to respond to customers.
The Willian Hill support team are helpful when contacting them by telephone – especially in Europe, where residents of various countries can call on the company’s international toll-free numbers. These numbers are offered for Asian countries like South Korea and Japan as well.
Twitter tweets are gaining popularity as a means of conversing with William Hill, and the customer support team keeps an eye out on Twitter 24/7.
William Hill Contacts
If you want to get in touch with William Hill, there are numerous options to contact them.
There is a contact form and a helpful information section on their website. Alternatively, you can email William Hill using the email addresses below.
If you would like to speak with someone at William Hill in person, there are also freephone numbers.
William Hill Online
6/1 Waterport Place
Live Chat: William Hill live chat
William Hill Bookmaker FAQs
How can I open a William Hill account?
Details you’ll need to provide include the following:
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Valid email address
- Current residential address
- Unique username
- Security question and answer
- Deposit limit (daily, weekly, or monthly)
Click ‘Agree and Join’ after you’ve entered all the information.
How can I get my account verified?
For successful account verification, you should take the following steps:
- Submit Proof of Identification (National ID, Passport, Driver’s License, Age Card, Electoral ID or Residence Permit)
- Submit Proof of Address/Finances (Utility Bill, Bank/Credit Statement, Signed Credit Agreement, Insurance Policy, Tenancy Agreement, or Council Tax Bill)
You can use the Direct Secure Upload feature or email to send the documents to William Hill for verification.
William Hill will notify you regarding the verification status of your account within 24 hours after receiving your documents.
What if I forget my William Hill login details?
If you forget your login credentials, you can go to the website or app login page and click on the ‘Forgot your login details?’ option.
This will direct you to a page that asks you for your email address – the one you used when you registered.
They will send you an email containing a link to reset your password.
Click on the link in the email to reset your password.
If the email ID registered with William Hill is invalid, you can contact the customer support team for assistance in resetting your password.
William Hill Review – Overall Rating
So, it’s time for the overall rating.
The Betting Punters have reviewed William Hill and scored them 4 / 5 stars.
William Hill is one of the oldest and best betting and online casino platforms there is (other William Hill casino reviews will confirm this). It provides financial security, payment flexibility, and rewards and offers plenty of incentives to players to keep going.
For us, William Hill bookmakers are close to perfect, but just one or two things let them down – otherwise, they would be 5 out of 5.
All images containing William Hill logos are credited to and copyright of William Hill